The simple answer: Building The Relationship
Glen and I are all about working with photographers we like and trust, and so the same goes for our clients. I think we both realized the power of engagement sessions back in 2006. It was Courtney & James who made us realize that we wanted more clients who were as into the photography as we were and who were willing to take risks and have fun.
By the time Glen showed up for the wedding, they were old pals. In fact, he photographed Courtney pregnant (gorgeous), and now we get their shutterfly updates on the family and life they are building together. Four years later, they are one of our biggest fans, and well, maybe they don’t know that we are their biggest fans too.
****Check their shoot: http://www.dmpj.com/content/popup/courtney/index.html
So, why an Engagement Session?
* Get used to how your photographer works and if direction is needed for creative portraits on the wedding day, you know what he means, since he’s already directed you a bit on this shoot.
* As a couple you get to work out your shyness with the camera and after you see your photos, you build more confidence for the big day.
* Have awesome photos of the two of you being “normal”- in your favorite street clothes and hanging out in your favorite places. Be it, the beach or downtown Boston.
* Some couples choose to show a slide show of these photos during their Reception or use the photo as a signing mat for guests.
* So, for this and many more reasons, we gift our couples this session.
Have fun with it and treasure your days of young love. 😉
p.s. and don’t be shy about telling me if I missed any other good reason why these Engagement Sessions are a must! I might even quote you in some article.